Under HIPAA privacy rules, PriceMDs.com Inc., is compliant with all applicable rules and regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996. We are committed to keeping all PHI (Protected Health Information) private and secure.
We have instituted policies and procedures to ensure this is done, including, but not limited to, the following:
- All employees have been trained on HIPAA rules and procedures and are required to re-take this training every 2 years of employment.
- All employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment.
- All policies and procedures related to information and physical security are frequently reviewed to ensure they are up to date and follow any new or revised regulation.
- We have implemented Information Security procedures such as:
- Automatic expiration of passwords.
- Account lockouts upon numerous failed log-in attempts.
- Transcripts and exhibits sent and received through secure file transfer (via Barracuda).
- Data-at-rest encryption.
- Email verification.
- Automatic virus scans.
- Secure data backups.
- All subcontractors are required to sign a Business Associate Agreement agreeing to uphold our information security standards.
- Any potential or actual breaches are logged, investigated, and reported.
We are committed to keeping all PHI (Protected Health Information) and sensitive information secure and to keeping our systems and procedures up to date and in compliance with all related regulations. We understand that keeping our clients’ information safe is of the utmost importance, and we take this very seriously when processing medical and personal records, transcripts or any other private information.
Department of Health and Human Services website
Combined text of all HIPAA rules
HIPAA Frequently Asked Questions